Friday, December 7, 2007

U-Dong!!!

Udon, a type of thick wheat-based noodle popular in japanese cuisine. Udon is usually served as hot or cold noodle soup in a mildly flavoured broth, in its simplest form as kake udon, served in kakejiru made of dashi, soy sauce, and mirin. It is usually topped with thinly chopped scallions. Other common toppings include tempura, often prawn or kakiage (a type of mixed tempura fritter), or abura age, a type of deep-fried tofu pockets seasoned with sugar, mirin, and soy sauce. A thin slice of kamaboko, a halfmoon-shaped fish cake, is often added. Shichimi and beni shoga can be added to taste.

The flavour of broth and topping vary from region to region. Usually, dark brown broth, made from dark soy sauce is used in eastern Japan, and light brown broth, made from light soy sauce is used in western Japan. This is even noticeable in packaged instant noodles, which are often sold in two different versions for east and west.

-referrence from wikipedia.org-

One day in a japanese restaurant.

Waiter: Hi, welcome to Baka Restaurant. May I take your order sir?

Ah Beng Customer: Ah? Emmm.... Give me green tea and plain U-dong.

Waiter: Err... Im sorry sir, do you meant by a bowl of Udon?

Ah Beng Customer: Ha? Just give me a plain U-dong.

Waiter: Im not meaning to be rude sir but could you please be a bit polite. It isn't nice calling people a dong(stupid).

Ah Beng Customer: Ha? What crap u toking now? I want plain U-dong la.

Waiter: THATS IT!!!! UVE CROSS THE LINE SIR!!! I QUIT!!!!!! EVER SINCE IVE BECAME A WAITER, MY GIRLFRIEND LEFT ME, MY PARENTS LAUGH AT ME AND NOW A CUSTOMER COMES AND CALL ME A DONG. WHY??!!! WHAT DID I DO TO DESERVE THIS??!!!

Ah Beng Customer: Huh? Cross line? Infront there got zebra crossing mah. Why so tulan wan?

After all the commotion the manager comes out.

Manager: Im sorry sir, please excuse my employee's rudeness. I assure you that it wont happen again.

Ah Beng Customer: Har? Why like at one? Why your emplo-ee veli tulan wan. I just ask for plain U-dong.

Manager: Excuse me sir?

Ah Beng Customer: I want plain U-dong.

Manager: Are you moking me sir?

Ah Beng Customer: Huh? Moping? No la I just want plain U-dong oni.

Manager: GET OUT OF MY RESTAURANT BEFORE I CALL THE COPS!!!!

Ah Beng Customer: Har? Why so tulan wan? I just want plain U-dong.

Manager: OUT!!!! WE DON'T SERVE CUSTOMERS LIKE YOU!!!!! GO OR ILL REALLY CALL THE COPS!!!!!

Ah Beng Customer: ok. ok. dun angry. I go, I go.

At the Ah Beng's home

Ah Beng: Next time i neva wan go that restaurant anymore. Everyone so tulan wan. I ask for a plain U-dong oso wan call police. Next time tell everyone that that restaurant full of tulan people then ask them change the name of that restaurant to tulan restaurant.

So from that day onwards, that place has received many criticism. Due to its misinterpretation, they have changed their type of food served and hence the name has been changed to...



and it all started because of.....



Such a bad name for your product. tisk* tisk* tisk*

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well written article.