Monday, December 17, 2007

Asian Idol review

It looks like I have no choice but to blog bout the Asian Idol that has found its first crowned winner for this year. With the best singers representing their country, it was a worthwhile show to watch.

Malaysian Idol - Jaclyn Victor


Philipines Idol - Mau Marcelo

India Idol - Abhijeet Sawant

Vietnam Idol - Phuong Vy


Indonesia Idol - Mike Mohede

Singapore Idol - Hady Mirza

It was a great 2 hour live performance show which I manage to not get bored.



Im not really a fan of singging competitions, but I must say the Asian Idol was great. At least im not listening to voices that could torment me for life or the voices that could cause a tsunami.

The best voices that ive heard throughout the competition was Jaclyn and Mau, the rest was so-so. Oh, and did I mention? Phuong Vy is HOT!!! Even the emcee was after her and whats worst, he has the chance while I don't DAMMNN~!!! If only I was there.

International and local singers such as Guy Sebastian, Peterpan, Taylor Hicks were also invited to perform whiched really spiced up the show. I guess I would be bored without them and last but not least the final performance was great.




Sorry for the bad quality video. It was taken on my camera phone.

I enjoyed the performance all the way till the results. The results were disappointing, it was a total let down. Who would have thought the black sheep of this competition actually reign victorious. For all I know I didn't even hear any of the judges voicing out his name when they were asked to predict the winner.

No offence to Singaporeans but in my opinion he didn't deserve it. Among the other idols, I find him incompetitive as he's voice did not give that certain oomph~! I don't care if he wins with a good voice, but nooo~!!! I can't help but say he sucks.



I thought of going for the next Asian Idol. But on second thought, I think ill pass. I can't bear to see our second Malaysian Idol compete with other nations while humiliating himself. So overall the Asian Idol was a total let down.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think If I were the judge or voters I go for Vietnam contestant. She had a very nice voice not too soft nor britle nor too strong when she sang the high notes. Her average voice is rare. If she sing me lullaby or love songs I will really have no bad dreams.lol. I'm from Philippines by the way.

wren said...

Vietnam Idol voice is rare!