Thursday, March 20, 2008

The Language Factor

Language subjects has been my top scorers ever since I've entered the world of schooling. With a close of an eye and a snap of a finger, I'll be able to achieve high grades for Bahasa Malaysia or English without even studying.

Unfortunately, my monthly exam this time shows otherwise. I need 2 freaking extra marks to get an A2 for BM and 4 more stinking marks to get an A1 in English, but what bugs me more is not being able to converse in my own mother tongue.

It sucks not being able to speak in your own mother tongue, especially when you go to a hawker centre where all the hawkers speaks in chinese and the only word I can reply to them is "Wo Pu Tong" which means I don't understand in chinese.

I seriously regret not taking up chinese. Well, I did when I was in kindergarten but in the end all i remember is "wo pu tong". Well, there's no such thing as too late too learn, to the others out there who themselves can't converse in chinese such as myself, here's a 'speak chinese in 5 minutes guide'. I bet after this you can converse happily with the hawkers at those 'ionicanspeakcina' hawker centres.

(Click on picture to enlarge)

But no matter how bad my language is, nothing beats this



EPIC WIN!!! Her english so superb that I myself dunno what in the world she's talking about. Looks like my language sucks after all.

No comments: